Friday, May 13, 2016

Strokes - Can They Be Prevented?

Over the past few years I have become more acquainted with what happens when someone has a stroke. Some of my friends, people I grew up with, have had strokes.

Most have recovered to the point they function reasonably well. But one has had more than one stroke that has confined him to a hospital bed, wheel chair, respirator and requiring 24 hour care.

I recently discovered an informative piece in the Washington Times that addresses the impact of having a stroke can have in your life. The piece discusses stroke prevention, diagnosis and treatment.

The Washington Times article is summarized and expanded in this post on my website. You may follow and read more about Can Strokes Be Prevented.


#Strokes  #Medicare
blog comments powered by Disqus