Thursday, May 12, 2016

Does Medicare Cover Cataract Surgery?

Does Medicare pay for cataract surgery? Are there restrictions on what they cover?  How much will I owe? Is my coverage different with original Medicare and a supplement plan vs. a Medicare Advantage plan? Can I use any doctor or hospital for the surgery? Does Medicare also cover routine eye exams?


Last year one of my clients was facing cataract surgery and had questions similar to those above. He had already found a surgeon he wanted to use and had talked with the office nurse about options and out of pocket costs, but he wanted additional insight into how Medicare worked.

Earlier this week that same nurse called me and asked if I would be willing to provide her information that could be shared with patients. Something that explains how Medicare handles cataract claims.

Here is a link to the post I penned in response.



#Medicare #CataractSurgery
blog comments powered by Disqus