Sunday, September 12, 2010

Not so bad after all ?

[Welcome Reason readers!]

Last week the Wall Street Journal carried
this article. In it, we learn that Max Baucus has news for us about health care reform, via a recent town hall meeting with his constituents in Montana:

"Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus, who wrote most of the bill, attempted this line at an August townhall in Billings, Montana when he tried to calm an angry voter by saying, "Mark my words, several years from now, you're going to look back and say, 'Well, that wasn't so bad after all.'"

There's a ringing endorsement for you.

In other words, Baucus is telling me not to worry about all the rattles I hear in this Cadillac he sold me (that I can't afford). I'm not to worry because in a few years I won't think they're so bad. After all.

Anybody else buy a Cadillac from this guy Baucus? Does yours rattle, too?
blog comments powered by Disqus