Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's a Small (Blog) World

One of the coolest things about blogging is the (occasional) opportunity to meet blog-friends in real life. I had that pleasure last year when Bob and I met in person for the first time. And today, I had a similar experience when Joe Kristan and I crossed paths at the 2009 DePaul University Family Weekend.

Joe's son and my daughter are both freshman at the home of the Blue Demons, and both of us were looking forward to connecting while we were there. Our schedules finally meshed this morning when our families met for brunch at the Student Center.

Regular readers know that I turn to Joe when there's an accounting issue or, for example, the Stranger Owned Life Insurance debacle. He brings a unique sense of humor to an otherwise dry topic, and has become a good "blog buddy." It was truly a pleasure to meet Joe and his lovely family, and we're looking forward to seeing them again as our students wend their way through their undergraduate careers.

'Til then:

blog comments powered by Disqus