Friday, December 27, 2019

Disappointing Customer Service, then some Love(Pop)

I have been a longtime customer of LovePop, very imaginative and well-executed "pop-up" greeting cards. I've bought them for my wife for Mother's Day, and at various times throughout the year for significant holidays. They are (as my much missed sister used to say) "spendy," but I thought they were worth it.

So my most recent experience was disappointing (to say the least), though:

On December 18, I ordered a Chanukah-themed card. For the holidays, the site was offering free shipping which was attractive; unfortunately, it turned out that "free shipping" actually meant "very slow shipping." I waited and waited, and watched the delivery tracker slowly change. And I do mean slowly: it wasn't until the 23rd that I saw any actual movement. It's now the 27th, and the tracker says the card was delivered yesterday.

Unfortunately, even if true, it want to me, and it should haven't have taken over a week (even this time of year).

So I reached out to the LovePop folks to express my displeasure.

To my delight, I received a prompt reply:

"I'm so sorry to hear your card hasn't arrived yet! As you state, the tracking indicates that the card was delivered this morning, December 26th at 9:46 am. Because of how tracking works, occasionally packages are marked as delivered too early.

If you still haven't received the card with the mail tomorrow, please confirm the shipping address for me and I'd be happy to send a replacement Mennorah Lights card, a different card of your choice, or a full refund.

Thanks for reaching out, Henry. I'm so sorry again the card hasn't reached you
."

So I re-confirmed my address, and then sat back to see what would happen.

Soon, I received this:

"We've got your order

Thank you for placing your order with us - we know you're going to love it. We'll process your order and send you an update once it's shipped
"

Hunh. What's that about?

Ah, another email:

"Thanks for following up! I'm Rebeca​ and I'll be taking over. I read through your previous emails and I'm here to help.

I'm sending out a replacement ASAP through FedEx's expedited 2 business day shipping. Your new order number is #2352355 and you should receive an email update shortly.

I really apologize for the inconvenience because as you mentioned, it shouldn't have to take this long for you to receive your card. We always aim to provide our customers with the best experience possible and I really appreciate your patience
."

Now that's how it's done.

Kudos (and Thank You) LovePop!
 
blog comments powered by Disqus