Thursday, September 13, 2018

We've got questions

So as a membership "perk," the National Rifle Association includes an "insurance policy"* that covers some self-defense legal costs (perhaps similar to those about which we've written before). In its infinite wisdom, the California Department of Insurance has ordered them to give that up:

"The state Department of Insurance on Tuesday issued a cease and desist order saying that the NRA sold an unlicensed insurance product in the state."

I have no dog in this fight, but I do wonder how a membership perk = selling insurance.

Will keep an eye on this.

[Hat Tip: FoIB The Political Hat]


* I'm using quotes here temporarily as I follow up on some details. There seems to be some daylight between what the article claims and what the NRA website says. In the meantime, I've reached out to the NRA folks for clarification. HGS
blog comments powered by Disqus