Friday, June 15, 2018

Critical Illness Plans: A refresher

It's been a while since we've looked at Critical Illness (CI) plans:

"For several years now, colleagues (and marketers) have been urging me to offer Critical Illness (CI) plans."

A few days ago, I learned of a real life example of one of these plans in action:

Tammy was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately for her, she had purchased a CI plan a few years ago; she went ahead and filed a claim on it, has been approved, and soon she'll have a check for $50,000 to help pay off any medical insurance out-of-pocket expenses, clean up some debts, and keep groceries on the table while she recovers.

This is my first experience with someone I know who had one of these plans - now that I've seen it in action, I really think I need to be more proactive in marketing them.

For those who are interested, one of our vendors (Guarantee Trust Life) has provided this very helpful video explaining how these plans work:


GTL's New Cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke Insurance from Guarantee Trust Life Insurance on Vimeo.
blog comments powered by Disqus