Sunday, July 26, 2015

Provider insurance filing bleg

From email:

"I paid upfront $6900 for a TMJ treatment of which my insurance will pay $2000.

However my doctor is not helping me with the claim since I already paid him. My date of service was back in March and he sent incomplete records to my insurance so my claim was denied. I wrote the doctor a letter demanding he complete the missing documents in my records and he hasn't done it. What can I do? He is depriving me of my right to my insurance benefits. I am in California. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated it
."

Only thing that pops out at me is that, if he's a network provider, perhaps our correspondent could file a complaint with the carrier.

No idea how effective that might be.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
blog comments powered by Disqus