Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Can I Charge Interest?

One of my clients dropped their employer sponsored insurance plan effective May 1, 2014. This forced 21 of their employees (including the owners) to find individual coverage. We met and worked with all of them to secure coverage either off the exchange or through goodluck.gov.

In another month we will perform this exercise in patience once again. To really do a good job for our clients this process is frustrating, complex, and time consuming.

It's even more frustrating for me though when one of the insurance companies still hasn't paid my commissions yet.

For the last six months we have continued to help with service questions for the employees I enrolled with this particular insurer and have spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get paid. We knew there would be problems with this whole process and I understand that the initial issues could be a result of mistakes from all parties. However, those items were fixed a couple of months ago.

When will I get paid? Who knows. Its too bad I can't charge them interest though.
blog comments powered by Disqus