Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Look Here

Kind of off topic, but not really.

I get requests on a regular basis for dental & vision plans. Personally, I think most are a waste of money. If you have a group plan, and your employer pays a significant portion of the premium, then either or both might be a good deal for the employee and dependents.

You have to run the numbers to see if it makes sense or not.

About 2 months ago I popped close to $500 for an eye exam for my wife + a new set of glasses. Not too long after that a friend told me about eyeglasses for $8.

Oh yeah, I know about those. You get them at Disney World and they come with Mickey or Minnie frames.

Seems I was wrong. You can get REAL glasses with REAL lenses for $8 and up.

I have not (yet) ordered glasses for myself, but may very soon. A few people I know who have ordered glasses say they have no problem with the glasses and recommend them to anyone.

So if you don't have a vision plan, you might want to check this out.

Zenni Optical
blog comments powered by Disqus