Monday, January 31, 2005

Welcome!

Hugh Hewitt, in his groundbreaking book "Blog," suggests (insists?) that every business (and every entrepreneur) needs to blog.

Well, I'm going to test that hypothesis.

Why InsureBlog? Well, I googled [ed: how quickly that term became verbified] "insurance+blog," and came up with a true paucity of entries. Perhaps that means a niche to fill.

Perhaps not.

In any case, let's give it a whirl. I am a professonal, independent insurance agent in the Dayton, Ohio area. In addition to 22+ years selling and servicing insurance products, I'm also a partner in a Continuing Education provider, with over 10 years of teaching my fellow agents in Ohio and Kentucky. My practice area is primarily benefits; that is, life, health, disability and the like. For "those in the know," I am the proverbial "life guy in a P & C shop."

What do I hope to accomplish with this blog? To tell you the truth (always a challenge for someone in the insurance biz), I'm not really sure. I'd like to think that this could become a clearinghouse for breaking insurance info, maybe a resource for folks with insurance questions or problems, hopefully a place for my clients to find interesting articles and links to insurance-related items.

Have I missed anything?

Probably, but that's the beauty of these electronic tablets: literally nothing is cast in stone.

Here we go...

blog comments powered by Disqus