As Al Borland would say, "I don't think so. You missed a few".
We counted at least 12 delays or revisions to Obamacare that makes you wonder, are they really serious about making health care affordable or is this nothing more than a white elephant?
- 1099 provisions repealed
- CLASS Act repealed
- FBHPO BASIC plan delayed until 2015
- Co-op plans de-funded
- PCIP terminated early due to lack of funds
- SHOP multi-choice options delayed until 2015
- Waivers . . . . (the list is endless)
- Cadillac tax delayed until 2018
- Contraception mandate delayed (legal battles)
- Early retiree reinsurance plan ran out of money in 2011
- Employee free choice vouchers repealed April 2011
- Clawbacks altered when 1099 provision eliminated $22 billion in new taxes
- MAGI (used to determine subsidies) redefined to include SS benefits
- Medicare Advantage cuts rolled back (March, 2013)
- W-2 reporting delayed until 2013
- Automatic enrollment of groups (200+ lives) delayed until 2015
- Employer notices regarding exchange eligibility delayed
- Employer penalties delayed
- Income verification for subsidies delayed
- Employer insurance coverage delayed
- Postponed tobacco surcharge due to issues with exchange system
With all this gutting is there a reason to continue this fiasco?