Thursday, September 12, 2019

Lowe's blows

Back on August 31, we purchased a new oven from our local Lowe's store (wanted to support the local folks instead of ordering online). That proved to be a mistake.

We were promised delivery by today (September 12), and that was the last we heard from them.

No follow-up, no notification, nothing.

So I called the store this morning, and was informed that the delivery had been pushed out to the 22nd.

Again, no one bothered to communicate this to me. I only learned of it because I initiated the call. I told the manager that this was not acceptable, and that I expected delivery today. He insisted several times that he couldn't promise that. No effort was made to accommodate or offer alternatives.

So I called corporate, and was informed that the oven had been delivered to the local store, but because Lowe's store managers are incompetent, I had to learn from the nice lady on the phone that their rule is that they can't send items out for delivery on the same day, and that tomorrow's deliveries are already booked.

To her credit, she reached out to the "delivery coordinator" and promised me that she'd have him contact me directly to make arrangements. I eventually heard back from the coordinator, who was able to move the delivery up to this coming Sunday (Yay!).

So, all's well that ends well?

Not hardly: I should not have had to call them to find out what was happening, and the fact that each person I spoke with had a different story, is unacceptably poor customer "service."


 We have had been long-time, loyal customers, but no longer.

It's worth noting that  other stores, like Home Depot and Best Buy, will generally match Lowe's prices.

[Part 2 now available here]
blog comments powered by Disqus