Thursday, August 02, 2018

Obamacare Rear View Mirror

Way back in 2013 #JohnHawkins had this to say about Obamacare. No one has a crystal ball but he got some things right, and some not so right.

What he got right.

If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
 Well, that promise turned out not to be true and I can tell you that from personal experience. - https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/10/29/i-lost-my-health-insurance-because-of-obamacare-n1732782
Mr. Hawkins was notified he would be losing coverage well before the clock struck midnight ending 2013.

It's difficult to blame my insurance company for that (cancelling his coverage). After all, it's hard for a service to be viable when the government forces consumers who buy it to pay a massive new tax for the privilege

Yup.

Currently, I pay $191 per month. That will go up to $274. That's nearly $1000 a year more for a service that I already have. In addition, the deductible on my current plan is $200 and that will be going up to $6000.

And that's just for 2014. Wonder what he is paying now?

What he got wrong.

Originally, my health insurance provider told me that my plan wasn't going to be canceled. The agent just said it wouldn't qualify under Obamacare and so, I'd have to pay a tax to keep it.

Grandfathered plans exempted.

Technically his agent was wrong. Can't put all the blame on John.

When you hear about people who are going to be paying an extra $6000 a year out of $47,000 in income 

Those folks SHOULD have qualified for a subsidy. A rob-from-the-rich-give-to-the-poor taxpayer funded subsidy. Depending on many factors, their premium could have been $0.

What a country!

The law couldn't pass today and had Obama told the truth instead of lying shamelessly, even Democrats would have never voted for this law in the first place

Half right. Half wrong.

The law would not pass in 2018. But I do believe the left wing party would still vote for it if given a chance.

Pretty damn scary.


blog comments powered by Disqus