Friday, September 21, 2012

Blast from the Past

It appears that we have resolution to a case we posted about 5 years ago:

"(A) pulmonary specialist at Denver's National Jewish Medical and Research Center has written to federal agencies to say doctors there believe they have the first case of a consumer who developed lung disease from the fumes of microwaving popcorn several times a day for years."

According to the New York Daily News, (then 54 year old) Wayne Watson has just won a $7 million judgement in his case against several grocery stores and the popcorn manufacturer whose product he blames for respiratory problems. No word yet on whether that decision will be appealed.

But when we do find out, we'll let you know in a jiff.
blog comments powered by Disqus