Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Happy Blogiversary!

Believe it or Not, InsureBlog turns 1 year old today.
Looking back over our first year, I am proud – and, frankly, amazed – at how far we’ve come. With over 230 posts, and more than 13,000 visitors (not to mention 21,000+ Page Views), we’ve come a long way from that first, tentative entry.
Please indulge me while I review some of the highlights of this first year:
I distinctly recall being quite thrilled when, after a few short weeks, we were up to an average of 8 visits a day. Now, our daily average is usually well over 80. Wow.
If I had to pick the post of which I’m most proud, it would have to be Blogging for Katrina: together, we raised almost $2000 for hurricane victims, and climbed into the top 40 of the over 1,800 blogs that participated.
Our two multi-blog debates, on IVF and Unintended Consequences, showed how powerful this new medium can be: instant, real-time debate on topical issues from several perspectives, all in a civil and respectful manner.
And, of course, being a Finalist in the 2005 Weblog Awards -- ending up in the Top 12 of 1,750 eligible blogs in our first year -- leaves me speechless [ed: for once!].
A very special Thank You to Bob Vineyard, CLU, who keeps the home fires burning when I’m out of town, who posts informative and interesting ideas and solutions, whose posts ALWAYS generate great discussions, and especially for his relentless donations of “blog-fodder.” Thanks, Somarco!
And Thank You, InsureBlog readers, for making this first year so successful and fun. I’ll do my best to make the next year (and those that follow) just as fine.
blog comments powered by Disqus