Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Heh: So *NOW* They Like Me

Apparently, the folks at CMS aren't big IB fans, or at least they missed this memo:

"Due to the significant changes carriers have made to their compensation schedules (aka commissions), I don’t believe that I can continue to offer the kind of comprehensive service to which I, and you, have become accustomed."

To be fair, I did complete the (New! Improved! Streamlined!) training last year, and most likely will do so again this year, if only to keep open some options (and for blog fodder, of course).

But now I have an even stronger incentive to do so. The rocket surgeons piloting the Exchange are making me an offer I can't ... well, interesting if not enticing. Since I've been accredited since the beginning:

"Thank you for partnering with the Marketplace since the beginning! The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to recognize you for enrolling consumers since the Marketplace launched.Once you complete registration and training ... CMS will add a new, special designation next to your name on the Find Local Help tool ... This can help distinguish you from other agents and brokers and let consumers know you’re experienced"

How nice.

Oh, and what does this "special designation" look like?

This, apparently:

[click to embiggen]
Underwhelming, no?
blog comments powered by Disqus