Tuesday, June 27, 2017

MMO takes the offensive

Sometimes I feel very coddled: I practice in southwest Ohio, and rarely hear about shenanigans in the exact opposite corner of the state, which also happens to be the home turf of Medical Mutual of Ohio. They keep me in the loop regarding products and marketing decisions, but today I got this "Special Broker Update" from them:

"For years, we’ve wondered why we couldn’t win government and other public sector business in Northwest Ohio, despite submitting what we believe were very competitive bids. Recently we learned through a public records request that our chief competitor for this business has likely violated Ohio’s ethics laws. As a result, Medical Mutual filed a lawsuit today against FrontPath Health Coalition."

Yikes!

The email goes on to address specific instances and cites public records. Unfortunately, I know nothing of the background save for this email, so I've reached out to MMO's Media Relations folks to help fill in some of the gaps. In the meantime, interested readers can click here for a copy of the Special Update.
blog comments powered by Disqus