Friday, October 04, 2013

Un-friending Obamacare

The Like Obamacare page on #Facebook has 573,000 "likes". But that was before sticker shock. 
"I am so disappointed," wrote one woman. "These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!" The comment received 169 "likes." 
"There is NO WAY I can afford it," said one commenter after using the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator. "Heck right now I couldn't afford an extra 10$ [sic] a month...and oh apparently I make to [sic] much at 8.55/hour to get subsidies."
For a plan that was supposed to be less than your cellphone bill I guess the administration has no idea how much a cellphone bill is  . . . or health insurance.

But then, some of us that all along.
my insurance plan right now for my spouse and I costs $545 a month with 100% coverage after my $2500 deductible. We are both 32 years old. When I looked at this site for 80% coverage it says it will be $954.78 a month!!!! So compare my old Plan: 100% coverage for $545 a month To New Plan: 80% Coverage for $945 a month.
I don't suppose you have ever heard there is no such thing as a free lunch.
Welcome to #Obamacare
A single mother of two said she is in school and working full-time while living "75% below the poverty level." She said she was shocked to learn she did not qualify for a healthcare subsidy. "Are you F'ing kidding me????" she wrote on the government's Obamacare Facebook page. "Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this 'bronze' health insurance plan!?!???
You could try calling the president, but he is busy blaming Republicans for shutting down the government.
And in case you weren't paying attention, this bill has HIS name all over it and not a single Republican voted for this mess.
blog comments powered by Disqus