Sunday, October 12, 2008

Now THAT'S Customer Service!

Regular readers know that I sometimes make use of the blog to vent on non-insurance related customer service issues. I've railed on airlines and cordless phone manufacturers, and I pull no punches.
But a recent experience has restored my faith in the private sector, and I'd like to share it with you.
A few years ago, when we redid our back porch, I cajoled my better half into letting me buy a new grill. I'd always coveted a Ducane (sort of the BMW of the gas grill world), and I got a really good deal on a "last year's model" that was, in fact, brand new; it was left over from the previous season. I use it pretty much year-round, and so it's taken a lot of wear and tear. Over the years, I've replaced a few parts, but it recently reached a point where I needed two particular ones, and wanted another.
In the event, I came across Ed Young's Ace Hardware, which not only had the warming rack and control knobs I needed, but the extra side table I wanted. What's unique about Ed's place is that, when you place your order, they specifically refuse to accept the expiration date on your credit card: once the order's placed, they email you to confirm that what you want and what they offer are a match.
Wow.
Once I'd confirmed the details, my order arrived in less than 4 days (!), and contained exactly what I'd ordered - and expected.
Bravo, Ed's, Bravo!
blog comments powered by Disqus