Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Now THAT’S Customer Service!

For many years now, our family’s one vice has been freshly ground and brewed coffee in the morning. We’ve almost always had a Melitta brand coffee maker (to match the grinder). A few months ago, our beloved machine died, and in our haste to replace it, we bought a different brand.
Which died within 6 months. Ouch.
So, having learned our lesson, I headed over to the Melitta website, looked around, and ordered a new coffee maker. It arrived a scant 5 days later.
And died within a week. Yikes!
So, I gathered up all the documentation, shipping info, and receipt, and called the customer service number listed on the site. I was disappointed and angry, and loaded for bear.
The (nice) lady at the other end of the phone listened to my tale of woe and, before I could even begin to raise my voice, told me that she had already ordered up a new coffee maker for me, it would ship that day or the next, and would include a return mailing label.
I was speechless.
This is a company that’s been around a long time, with a well-deserved reputation for quality. And no wonder.
Oh, the new machine arrived a few days later, and they’d even thrown in a complimentary package of Hazelnut Blend. Yum.
blog comments powered by Disqus